Well, this is the third and hopefully the last day for me to upgrade my Xubuntu install to 9.10, or also widely known as Karmic Koala. It is painful..! lol But this experience is worth it, except that it really kills my time which I suppose to do my work… 🙁 I don’t know why, or probably because of the lack experience of me, I got into the series of failure while upgrading from Xubuntu 9.04 to 9.10. Actually, my first install was Ubuntu 9.04 but I later change to Xubuntu by installing the xubuntu-desktop, probably that’s the culprit of why the auto upgrade fails.
The first day – upgrading the current Xubuntu
So at the start, I have a well working Xubuntu 9.04. Updates for 9.10 came in October 29, but I do upgrade on the next day. My internet was running slowly -it probably just my connection to Ubuntu server, since I got a great download speed on others- to download all of the updates (which surpassed 800MB), that takes more than 12 hours to complete. Well, during that time, I can do everything in my PC until, the upgrading process which takes another hour to complete, at this time it loads heavily and almost impossible to do anything. It seems everything run smoothly and it asks me to reboot.